Ad Advantage is a 3 columns K2 scheme designed to present ads in a visually more pleasing layout, hence the name.
I use this scheme with K2 myself on serveral of my blogs. The objectives are
- Ease of maintenance. Minimum changes to run across different blogs
- Ease of ads insertion and changes. This is done using blocks that are separated from the design template. Ads on sidebars are added through widgets
- Upstream compatibility. Since this scheme depends on the fine work of the K2 folks, the idea is not to depart to far so that update can be merged in easily.
AdAdvantage now has a project page hosting on Google Code. On this project page you can
- download the latest release file (and find old releases),
- browse and download work-in-progress code in the subversion repository,
- report bugs or request for improvement on the issue tracker.
All future updates will be on this project page.
- R7.0 Download
- 3 columns
- Kept as close to original K2 code as possible. Modification are kept separate.
- Able to fit with Google Adsense and most standard Ads format
- Download (above)
- Uncompress file in wp-content/themes
- Go to the WordPress admin and select the K2 theme under Presentation
- Go K2 Options submenu and under K2 Scheme select adadvantage/adadvantage.css
- Copy the folder wp-content/themes/k2/styles/adadvantage own to your own folder wp-content/themes/k2/styles/yourscheme
- Make changes to the css and images
- Select your scheme under Presentation in the WordPress Admin
- Edit block files in wp-content/themes/k2/blocks
- Updated to K2 RC4 revision 610 of k2 svn nightly.
- Note that K2 now only works on WordPress 2.2 and above.
R4 is the last version that support lower version.
- Code now hosted on Google Code
- Updated and clean up CSS, no longer using the older 3 column codes
- Update Ad format placement blocks.
Sidebar blocks deleted as sidebar ads can be added via Sidebar Widgets.
- Updated to revision 378 of k2 svn nightly.
- Able to work with K2 sidebar modules
- Added a new block spanning both side columns
- Tighten theme CSS and layout
- Updated to revision 205 of k2 svn nightly.
- Updated to revision 140 of k2 svn. (Note revision number changed since K2 switched to Google Code) 20Aug06
- CSS clean up
- Updated to revision 369 of k2 svn. 17Jun06
- Updated to revision 350 of K2. 29May06
- Moved all ads to /blocks 29May06
- Added code to detact Popularity Contest 18May06
- Updated to revision 345 of K2. 18May06
- Fixed missing tag mentioned here. 29Apr06
- R4 based on k2 Beta2 revision 205
- R3.2 based on k2 Beta2 revision 140
- R3.1 based on k2 Beta2 revision 369
- R3 based on k2-Beta.2-revision-360-2006-05-29
- R2.1 based on k2-Beta.2-revision-345-2006-05-10
- R2 based on k2-Beta.2-revision-343-2006-04-22